ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Ripple retirement? (Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2014 ([ppmc]))
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 15:32:17 GMT
If IP is not managed correctly then potential users can't use the code. If they can't use the
code they can't contribute. Moving to GitHub because it allows the IP management processes
to be thrown away does not change this.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the project can't move, I'm just saying that stripping
away governance is not away to build community.  If the current governance approach isn't
working the. Fix it. Moving the code doesn't do that.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Raymond Camden<mailto:raymondcamden@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎10/‎8/‎2014 8:15 AM
To: dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Ripple retirement? (Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2014 ([ppmc]))

I think it would be easier for folks to do PRs if they want. Right now the
process is a bit complex and releasing takes a vote if I remember right.
Moving to GitHub just makes it simpler. Does that mean activity will
magically appear? No. But all things considered, I think it is the simplest
solution.