ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier ...@grobmeier.de>
Subject Re: Ripple retirement? (Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2014 ([ppmc]))
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 15:10:06 GMT
The project is AL 2.0 licensed so to my understanding the Github project
would be a "fork" of the original Ripple.
The owners of the fork would "own" it then.

Please note that to my knowledge a few things are not sorted out license
wise, in example some images. Like we would have needed to sort this out
here, it would be wise to sort it out on GitHub as well.

There are some cases when the name could be taken to GitHub. Please note
this requires discussion with the trademark folks.
As there is almost no community so far, it might be difficult to argue
if a single person would be able to get the name.
However, I defer you to the trademarks@apache list if any questions in
that direction.