ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Gord Tanner <gtan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I run ripple as a chrome extension in future?
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 01:35:00 GMT
The main problem is that when BlackBerry acquired tinyHippos and Ripple
they acquired the Chrome Extension as well.

I don't think BlackBerry is really involved with Ripple anymore (any
BlackBerry people can speak up on the list if this isn't the case) and they
own the keys to deploying the extension.  We asked them to release a
version a few months ago but didn't get a reply back and didn't release it.

We actually get more functionality with the npm package and gain the
ability to load ourselves in other browsers as well, and the injection of
ripple and the API's is no longer as hacky as it was with the chrome
extension.

I actually just removed the chrome extension from the open source project
to start simplifying things.