ripple-dev mailing list archives

From lmnbeyond <lmnbey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phonegap.js file
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 02:23:58 GMT

I’m just wondering whether Ripple can reduce it’s dependence on Cordova cli.

1. Cordova cli requires installing SDKs for each platform users wish to target, IMO it’s
a little heavy for pure web app developers.

2. Users can change the current device from Devices panel, if users only installed iOS SDK,
what will happen if users choose an Android device? Say iOS has a status bar plugin, but Android
doesn’t have it, the plugins js files should be changed correspondingly.

Can we embed a copy of each platform’s plugins js files(all supported plugins), and copy
them when users change the device?

Best Regards!