ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Gord Tanner <gtan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ripple cordova 3.0
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:56:28 GMT
Thanks for offering to help!

1)  Ideally Ripple should detect that it is running on a cordova project
and do something between a cordova prepare and a cordova serve command to
set up the hosting of the app.

There are a few ways we can approach this and is something we should have
the community digest and discuss.

2)  It should still link to the 2.0 modules for anything we don't need to
change between them.  For example nothing changed between 2.0 and 3.0 for
accelerometer so we shouldn't need to create a new bridge module for it.

I think our best bet is to use the mobile spec project and start getting
tests to go green.  I am going to figure out how to get ripple to interact
with cordova projects a little better and see if I get get that integrated
with our CLI nicer.

Current flow to boot a cordova 3.0 app:

> cordova create Baz
> cd Baz
> cordova platform add android
> cordova prepare
> ripple emulate --path platforms/android/assets/www

Not nice but something that could be automated for sure.