ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version 0.9.17
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 04:39:28 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Dan Silivestru <dan.silivestru@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, it is just a tag and definitely not meant to be an official release
> since we have not done any work on getting that set up yet. I agree that
> should be the next thing we work on here.

OK cool! Let's not call it release but well, tag, as it will cause
confusion when somebody from the IPMC reads this by accident.

> It was published to https://npmjs.org/package/ripple-emulator this was
> established prior to the official move to ASF. Can you please have a look
> and let me know if the naming and such will cause issues (we can change it
> easily). This npm package is used by the Cordova CLI and that's why we
> needed to publish the update.

So far I can see its running with the fuel of PMC and Cordova members.
My guess is, it would be OK if the access to this channel would be spread
among the PMC.
No need to deal with that urgently, but it should be possible to get access
when asking for it.

If it is like that, we can get a confirmation from
trademarks@apache.orgthat we are doing ok. I would think so, but it's
at least the VP trademark
who will confirm that.
See also: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

We have to perform a NAMESEARCH analysis anyway. This is mandatory:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html

I suggest we follow this process and mention the channel there. Then we
have two flies with one clap.

> I have time to work on this over the next 2 weeks to try and line things up
> so that we're not doing anything that would be considered wrong within the
> ASF.

Thats why Ripple is incubating: learning. We (ripple) is allowed to do
"mistakes", as long as we learn from them. So please don't worry if
something is wrong. As long as they come up on the table, we can discuss
and fix them, if necessary. ASF has a lot of rules and is huge and
confusing. It takes it's time to grow into it.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de