ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FEEDBACK] Ripple code contribution to ASF
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 18:07:33 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Dan Silivestru <dan.silivestru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mentors: can you please have a look and let us know if Exhibit A looks good
> and the way we're referencing the contributed code (ripple-asf.zip) is
> correct?

Yes, looks good!

There's one more thing you'll want to do: Send the PDF to
secretary@apache.org so that the ASF secretary can make an official
record of it.

> Once we get your approval, I'm assuming we can just push our code (along
> with all of the trademarks) to our ASF git repo? I'm assuming we can do
> that since that commit will take place under the ASL 2.0 license which
> covers included trademarks.

You can push the code once the secretary acknowledges the receipt of
the grant (or one of us mentors checks that it's been added to ASF
records). That should normally happen within hours of sending the
grant to secretary@.

Re: trademarks; Actually the ALv2 explicitly does *not* cover
trademarks, see section 6 of the license. We'll probably need to
rehash the trademark assignment discussion that took place with
trademarks@apache.org late last year. Does anyone have a good summary
of the current status with that?

BR,

Jukka Zitting