ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Lintner <brent.lint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Targets
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:52:47 GMT
Hey Christian,

You are correct in your assumptions. :-)

The hosted version _is_ essentially a standard website, but I'm not sure
off the top of my head if you can serve it up without using the CLI- have
not tried. :-)

The rim chrome extension is used for the
http://developer.blackberry.com/html5 release of Ripple, vs the Chrome
Store extension. It has a few extra things such as a slightly different
manifest.json, some different extension files to enable a UI to
build/deploy WebWorks applications, the ability to sign a EULA, etc.

However now that we are in the incubator, I think stuff like that (and
other RIM specific things) needs to be figured out what to with (in the
best interests of the project as a whole). I.e should they be in an
external fork and not part of the main project? This is something I (or
some others) was hoping to start a discussion about soon. :-)
Hi,

I found three build targets:

- chrome extension
- hosted
- rim chrome extension

The first one is clear.

Am I assuming right the "hosted" one should act as standard website?

I am unsure what the difference from the chrome ext to the rim chrom
ext ist. Maybe somebody can tell me :)

Cheers
Christian

--