ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Silivestru <dan.silives...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Publish Hosted Ripple on NPM
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:00:46 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think we would want to do this as a
BlackBerry (RIM) release since we already have two tested distributions
[1][2]. We can do it as an individual release, however, being BlackBerry
employees we would need to do some internal work to be able to make it
happen and it would definitely take more then a few days.

If members of our community (and Cordova's community) really need this
published sooner rather then later, especially so that this can be easily
integrated with the Cordova CLI, I would like to ask on here if there are
any volunteers that could publish this to NPM as an individual release. You
would need to make sure, as Jukka said, that it is marked as a non-apache
endorsed release. I would also ask that you add myself, Gord Tanner, Brent
Lintner, and Fillip Maj as contributors.

In the mean time, I think this should go through the proper Apache channels
and I will start work on getting everything lined up for an Apache release.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,

Dan.

[1] https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/