ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Website
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:54:18 GMT
Yeah you don't want to push site code to the ripple repo :)

I forgot the svn URL but yeah, we commit to svn in Cordova and that
updates the site appropriately.

No permissions required for the cordova templates if you guys wanna
customize those. I'll get the URL to you if you want to poke around. We
can kick up a separate email thread with Yohei to see if he has time to
whip something up for ripple.

On 1/18/13 10:17 AM, "Brent Lintner" <brent.lintner@gmail.com> wrote:

>...Oops, FACE PALM on my last post... "then 'svn checkout' the folder
>into"... that should be 'git clone', however in retrospect, I'm quite sure
>that is the wrong place to put the website, so I am going to upload it
>manually to people.apache.org/ripple (when completed) unless I figure out
>where it goes before that. :-s
>
>On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Brent Lintner
><brent.lintner@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Fil,
>>
>> Any help getting things setup (and/or asking Yohei) would be much
>> appreciated (specially if we could re-purpose some things to get us up
>>and
>> running). I am presuming to just add the website under a folder in our
>> incubator repo
>>here<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ripple.git;a=sum
>>mary> (unless
>> it should be separate), and then 'svn checkout' the folder into "/www/
>> incubator.apache.org/content/ripple" (on people.apache.org), as stated
>>by
>> the tutorial (and worry about auto syncing changes afterwards)
>>
>> Btw, I am presuming you guys don't use the CMS (?).. as, it seems to me
>> that just creating a (static) custom site and uploading it (based on
>> "Creating A Good Podling Website" on
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html) is (ultimately) the
>> easiest, as well. I was thinking of just doing a simple site, even, vs
>> re-purposing cordova's (ideally using a mobile friendly website boiler
>> plate like twitter bootstrap).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nice work!
>>>
>>> At some point we should probably get a project site up (I.e. Something
>>> under incubator.apache.org/ripple). We could always repurpose the
>>>cordova
>>> template for Ripple (that's what couchdb did). Yohei could help out
>>>with
>>> that probably.
>>>
>>> Fil

>>> brent.lintner@gmail.com