ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Infra status
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:41:12 GMT
Hi Dan,

basically we (and with "we" I mean the whole Ripple project, including
us Mentors) are in charge for keeping that page up-to-date. We (the
mentors) should have told you already that you can update it - and of
course we should have noticed what you wrote below.

Here is a guide which should help you to make your first steps:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html
Please read the section "Create Status Page". And of course I am happy
to help and willing to make some updates myself.

On a side note, usually the rest of the IPMC does not read so much on
the status page. Recently there has been some people reviewing the
page together with the podling report. But we should be aware that at
least when we come across graduation some people will look at the page
and check formalities. It's good to keep it up to date otherwise we'll
need to dig mail archives for specific actions items.

Now on to your questions.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Dan Silivestru
<dan.silivestru@gmail.com> wrote:
> In preparation for us getting the SGA approved, I'm wondering if the
> following tasks have been requested/completed, since I'm not seeing a date
> next to the items? I should add that I would be happy to do any of the leg
> work here, I'm just new to how all of this works, so I figured I'd ask :-)
>
> Here are the items in question for each of the subsections
>
> Infra
>
>    1. Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
>    committers karma.

The source repos is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ripple/

Your access should be visible here (you'll most likely not see it, its
restricted access)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-authorization-template

but it hasn't set up. I will take care on that soonish as it is a mentors task.

>    2. Ask infrastructure to set up wiki (Confluence, Moin).

No Wiki has been requested in the proposal:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RippleProposal
Therefore none has been set up. If you would like a Wiki, just ping
me. We'll ask infra to create it (tell me which one).
If you don't like a wiki for the first go, just scratch this line.

> Mentor related
>
>    1. Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.

I don't know if all are on the pmc list (i am). But all are on the
general list. As all mentors are experienced asf people I assume they
have subscribed to the pmc list and would mark it as done.

>    2. Give all Mentors access to the incubator SVN repository. (to be done
>    by the Incubator PMC chair or an Incubator PMC Member wih karma for the
>    authorizations file)

I will do this together with the committer karma. There is no "ripple
group" currently.

>    3. Tell Mentors to track progress in the file 'incubator/projects/{
>    project.name}.html'

This should be done. All mentors have mentored projects before and know this

> Copyright
>
>    1. I think all tasks here are ongoing
>
> Verify Distribution Rights
>
>    1. I think all tasks here are ongoing

Agreed!

> Looking forward to your response and guidance.

Please let me know if you have more questions - I gladly help you.
And I will ping the ml again when I created the karma for us all
(probably tomorrow or weekend - my wifes birthday is on friday, so I
am a little busy). Maybe an other mentor does have some time to do it
before me.

Cheers
Christian