ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Action Request: SVN module for web site?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:23:22 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Brent Lintner <brent.lintner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Christian!
>
> Appreciate the reply and any help. :-)

No problem - I have signed up to help you guys. Unfortunately it seems
I am the only mentor who responds. As i just have a difficult project
for the next two weeks you might get some delayed e-mails from me, but
I always try to respond. If you don't hear of me in a matter you need
help, please ping me. I want a new Ripple version!!! :)

> I (as well as Dan) would like to build the site from scratch (or at least
> re-purpose the cordova site code) for the sake of simplicity (and not use
> the CMS), as it will be static html/css/js files to start.
>
> As for Cordova, it would seem they are not using the CMS (now), and instead
> committing changes and compiling the site to 'public/'.

I think thats pretty easy then. Because Infra would use svnpubsub and
that should be straightforward. I have not set up a svnpubsub
repository so far so we might need some fixes of what we do now. My
suggestion is that we create a folder in SVN similar to Cordova. Just
commit your site to there. When it is done we'll request svnpubsub
from infra here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel

They will tell us what fixes we need to get started.

svnpubsub is basically: we commit to a specific svn folder, and the
apache "svnpubsub thing" does an update to our webfolder. We are not
required to copy something to web directories or so.

i think the team can already think about the tooling - I might want to
recommend awestruct.org (which is similar to jekyll). it is done by at
least one ASF committer I appreciate very much and looks very flexible
to me. That said, there is no restriction to your tooling, use
whatever you want.

Cheers
Christian

--