ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Lintner <brent.lint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we have a WiKi?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:16:23 GMT
I concur that it could be helpful, although (too add my two cents), I
wonder if it should be strictly for non developer oriented content (?), or
at all (?)..

My reasoning is that, with a `doc` folder in the repository, we should be
able to document (and host on the web, even) documentation (which includes
guides, API docs, etc) from the repository itself (in an easy to understand
format- MD or something else, which could be translated into HTML).

Why? Well, I think maintaining a singular location for documentation (at
least for developer oriented content) would be beneficial as it could have
documentation in one (succinct) place. It would also (ideally) encourage
documentation to not only be be created alongside submitted features, etc,
but be part of the actual commits that introduced said features, etc (if
warranted).

However, I am not too sure how this could work in practise (or the setup
and organization of the `doc` folder), and if it is something that would be
possible as an ASF project, so a Wiki may be (traditionally) better
(specially for people to add content easily), but, not to say it is not
something to consider (I think). :-)

For example, see: https://github.com/isaacs/npm/wiki

--
Brent