ripple-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Silivestru <dan.silives...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of Ripple
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:15:23 GMT
Hi Christian,

Agreed, all project discussions should take place here or on the private
list if need be. I have updated the report for Jan, please have a look and
let me know if you think I've missed anything. The issue in my mind has
been that there is a holdup with the Software Grant Agreement. We have
submitted it and then needed to make some changes based on feedback from
our mentors/sponsor. I believe the final draft was submitted just prior to
the holidays and is now awaiting ASF Legal approval. We need this to be
able to contribute the code to the ASF.

Now, this wasn't done on the mailing list and I'm not sure that those legal
documents should have been send via the mailing list anyway. The downside
is that it is giving the impression that nothing is happening on the
project :(

Other conversation that have happened (off list again, sorry) indicate that
we have contributors ready and willing to jump into this but they are all
waiting for the Ripple code to be contributed to ASF before they fully jump
in. Cordova and Tizen are a couple that I have talked to.

We are seeing contributions from several Cordova individuals already, but I
think the key here is to get the code into the project and then get the
interested community parties to start actively participating.

We do have limited resources on our end (3 committers), which is the same
number of people we've always had on Ripple so we are looking forward to
greater community involvement to help up accelerate and administer the
project. So far, we have 3 new committers on the list for ASF with several
more ready to sign the CLA.

I also agree that we should have an active discussion on this and if anyone
has any opposing views, please chime in on this thread.

Best regards,

Dan.

--
Dan Silivestru