ripple-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Dineen" <mddin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test Coverage Tooling in Ripple
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:48:32 GMT
+1
Sent from my BlackBerry
+1 226 924 5232

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Lintner <brent.lintner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:19:37
To: <dev@ripple.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Test Coverage Tooling in Ripple

Hey all,

So, I have been using a (recently) new project called CoverJS in one of my
personal (side projects), and I am finding it really useful and easy to
use/setup when it comes to test code coverage in JS.

https://npmjs.org/package/coverjs

My proposal is to add support for test code coverage to Ripple (as test
coverage is something I've really wanted to see go into the development
workflow of Ripple). It is still in some early stages, but I think it would
be a great project to adopt (even initially) as the code coverage tooling
for this project. If it it needs to be changed, it should not be too
difficult to rip out or replace, and this does not affect the normal way of
running tests.

I.e. Check it out in my fork (first and only commit) -->
https://github.com/brentlintner/Ripple-UI/tree/test.cov

Since I had already done the setup in my side project, it was quite easy to
get it working in Ripple (although I had to wait to submit it until an
upstream bug was fixed in CoverJS). The only pitfall here is it currently
only works when running the tests with the nodejs runner (vs the browser
based test runner, which, IMO is less primary than the node runner,
anyways). However, it is still very useful when testing (even after using
it a few times).

Thoughts? Yay/Nay?

I was hoping to issue a Pull Request soon (if it is a welcomed idea). :-)

--
Brent