From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: APA-WebContent Refactoring
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 00:19:22 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response!

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:58 PM, David S Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> Do you have any objections or different ideas?
>
>No objections at all. Makes sense to separate the webapp vs portlet app
>usage. Hopefully we can get these new improvements included in the next
>Jetspeed release.

Cool! Thanks!
If you mean the target release date, April 2014, then I think it's feasible.

>> new, more intuitive transformation rules abstracting something like
>htmlcleaner's TagTransformation [1]2. reverse-proxy
>
>So we are going to be basically dumping the existing transformation rules
>and replacing it with HtmlCleaner? I don't have a problem with that,
>progress :)

Yeah, probably. :-)
The XML based rule configuration was quite okay, I believe, but now I feel like it lacks of
programmagic transformation support based on extensible/simple API, and it doesn't seem to
cover challenging transformation needs. I'd like to rethink it over to find simpler/nicer
API and its representation (in configuration) as well. HtmlCleaner is just one of reference
for now. Maybe we can use it or we can steal some of their design. It's still open to any
other alternatives. Anyway, I expect the content-rewriter submodule be a unique/simple/powerful
library for many use cases.

By the way, as some people asked for this and were even willing to contribute, I also want
to see improvements in configurability/extensibility of the reverse proxy servlet module by
using spring framework and spring bean assembling configuration as well. It's a perfect time
to gather contirubtions. Let us know if you want to help. :-)

Thanks again and cheers,

Woonsan