From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Planning jetspeed-2.2.2, pluto-2.0.3, bridges-script-2.0 and several apa-*-1.2 releases
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:46:33 GMT
On 09/23/2011 05:30 AM, Woonsan Ko wrote:

> [...]
instructions somewhere on how to enable the feature.
> I think most system administrators would prefer their intended configuration on the Tomcat
Manager due to its security impacts.
> Also, most demo testing users can simply copy their wars into deploy folder even though
the Tomcat Manager is not available.
Yes, agreed.

For clarity: even with the Tomcat Manager disabled, Jetspeed admin users will
not lose the capability to upload new (or updated) portlet applications through
the PortletApplicationManager portlet, e.g. remotely. That functionality is
simply delegating the uploaded war to the JetspeedDeployer, so the same as when
you manually copy a war into the deploy folder (locally).

I'll update and adjust https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1258 to reflect
this change of plan.

Ate