From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Planning jetspeed-2.2.2, pluto-2.0.3, bridges-script-2.0 and several apa-*-1.2 releases
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:36:06 GMT
(note: moved this response to jetspeed-dev@ as I don't think it concerns pluto-dev@)

On 09/20/2011 07:55 AM, David Taylor wrote:
> Ate, I thought you were planning on updating the LDAP documentation
> before releasing 2.2.....

Hi David,

Yes, that has been my intention, but so far I haven't been able to allocate time
for this yet. And as none of our customers are waiting for this either, it has
to come out of my own personal time.
As a voluntary task I need to balance that against other responsibilities and
currently there are simply too many other things taking precedence.

That is unsatisfactory of course, definitely for me as well, but it is how
things work with voluntary contributions.

I still do intent to pick this up but I can't and won't make specific promises
anymore for when it will be done.

Concerning the jetspeed 2.2.2 release, the LDAP integration certainly is a nice
feature, but as said we don't have any customers waiting for this documentation,
while there is a need for the new Jetspeed release.

Woonsan already got the portal-bridges-script-2.0 release vote going (should be
completed today I think) and I initiated the release for pluto-2.0.3 late last
night.

The next phase will be the release preparation for the apa-* modules and
thereafter sometimes next week the final release for jetspeed.

However, there are still a few issues open on Jetspeed for which it is unclear
to me how/when these can be resolved or else moved to the next version.
As 3 of those are currently assigned to you, can you provide some indication for
these?

Finally, we need one last but required improvement for the jetspeed-installer:
dynamically configuring the Jetspeed admin and Tomcat manager/deployer account
passwords at install time. Currently these are hard-coded and thereby pose a
potential security risk which we should fix before this release.
I'll create a separate JIRA issue for it later today.

Regards,

Ate