From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject [DISCUSS] Planning jetspeed-2.2.2, pluto-2.0.3, bridges-script-2.0 and several apa-*-1.2 releases
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:07:25 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to prepare a plan for a jetspeed 2.2.2 release shortly, including
releases for other portal projects which it depends upon, which are:
- j2-admin-2.2.2
- pluto-2.0.3
- portal-bridges-script-2.0
- apa-webcontent-1.2
- apa-rss-1.2
- apa-dbbrowser-1.2
- apa-demo-1.2

For all the above projects, there are some JIRA issues still open/unresolved on
these specific versions, so these either need to be finished shortly, or
otherwise bumped to a next version when possible.

Issues to address:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APA-38 (Woonsan Ko)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-901 (unassigned, David Taylor)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1052 (Randy Watler)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1100 (David Taylor)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1169 (unassigned, Woonsan Ko)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1196 (David Taylor)
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1197 (David Taylor)
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1255 (unassigned, Ate Douma)

So we have currently two unassigned issues to address, and 6 others assigned.

If someone assigned to one of these issues has a difficult to resolve it but
still think it is critical to be included for this release, please speak up so
we can discuss and possible reassign it.

Concerning the release themselves: I think we could start with preparing release
candidates for pluto-2.0.3 and portal-bridges-script-2.0 shortly (say next week)
if nobody objects or has other pending tasks to address them.

For the bridges-script in particular I'd like to ask Woonsan if he can do a last
review of the changes as most in this module are his, in particular validating
the appropriate notice and license attributions are provided.

For pluto-2.0.3 there have been very little changes, only bug fixes, so we
should be pretty good to go for that one, but I'd like the input and OK from
Eric Dalquist on that one first as well.

And once APA-38 has been resolved, I think we should be good to start the
release for the above apa-* modules as well, for which I propose we bundle those
in a single release step (and thus vote). As these have no other
interdependencies with other release candidates, we should be able to start with
that ASAP as well.

Which leaves the jetspeed and j2-admin release candidates.
For these I'd like to have a concrete plan (or even resolution) to wrap up the
remaining issues hopefully sometime end of next week?

If all the above works out fine it would be my goal to start with the then only
remaining release steps for jetspeed 2.2.2 by Monday September 26th (week 39).
Note: this assumes that all the other dependent releases have been finished
*and* accepted before this date!

With kind regards,

Ate