From SriniPitta <srinivas.pi...@gmail.com>
Subject PSML (Public-view)
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:31:51 GMT

Hi,

I would like have a PSML page (public view)  that is publicly accessible to
specific users who need NOT login in jetspeed to view this page. And other
users need to continue to see  the login page (i.e., the default jetspeed
login page).

As per my understanding, i thought that i could achieve this by subsites
where in i would create a subsite and a PSML page and i would set the
security to 'public-view'.

We are using Jetspeed 2.2.0

The User Management has the below settings:

Sub site root: /__subsite-root/_hostname/
Default subsite: Localhost
New User template directory: /_user/template
Default profile: subsite-by-hostname
Default role: user

When i attempted to create a new user and give the profile as
'subsite-by-hostname' it gave me below error:
•/home/appsrv/dev/webapps/jetspeed/../../pages/__subsite-root/_hostname/Localhost/_user
does not exist.

Upon looking into the directory structure i have the __subsite-root under:

drwxrwxr-x  5 appsrv appsrv 4096 Oct 11 12:24
/home/appsrv/dev/pages/__subsite-root
drwxrwxrwx 5 appsrv appsrv 4096 Nov 13  2009
/home/appsrv/pages/__subsite-root

I do not know the reason for the error. I did follow the documentation at
'http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-subsites.html' but
honestly did not understand it clearly.

I would appreciate for any provided help.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Srini