From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit page manager [Progress]
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:50:53 GMT
Hi there,

New page manager based on jackrabbit it's passing testcases proposed in
the other two implementations. Tomorrow I will make it pass
TestXXXPageManager:testCreatePage() and I hope some other simpler
ones...

I also will measure times between Castor implementation and jackrabbit
and will do some Threading tests if I have time. It uses cache by
default.

Structure seems to be simpler and usage is also simpler. Also some
"extra" features can be implemented easier too.

We don't have to care about loading childs and parents it's
automagically handled by jackrabbit. Also lazy initialization will
decrease loading times, I hope.

Extending is also simpler because OM engine.

I will try to write a loading script to load castor files into the
repository.

I'm worried about two issues that Randy told me about:

	"The same Java instance must be returned for the same persistent
object" -> I will need a test case or just point me to the piece of code
that requires it to see where implement the wrapper.

	"the object model needs to be thread safe" -> Not an expert on this but
will try to run tests in multithreaded environment. How do you achieve
this on the other managers. Didn't see anything special.

If everything goes right it will provide at least what I was looking
for:

        Separate management of cms objects.
        Stability: As everything is handled inside jackrabbit. When
        someone fix a bug in jackrabbit, jetspeed will take advantage of
        it.
        Ease of use: Lot of tools are provided by jackrabbit project,
        let's use them.
        Speed: It runs in a different thread and custom optimizations.
        If I manage to work around constraints Randy told me I'm sure it
        will be faster.
        Better concurrency.
        Easy to extend: We will be able to extend more easily.

I hope it works.