From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: About content management
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:01:19 GMT
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
<gaguilar@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>

> Since I work with the jetspeed portal I've seen a lot of progress out
> there.
>
> I realized that it has it's own content management applications inside
> the jetspeed admin tools. Though they are not good enough to be used in
> the day to day work. I use to create and remove pages by hand.
>
> I question myself if the CMS part is needed in this project.
>
> I know OneHippo has it's own implementation based on jackrabbit (I
> think). But I suppose that doing this in jetspeed will be a lot of work.
> So...
>
> What do you think about dropping this part and focus efforts in
> enhancing what's working right now. Maybe it can be regained a little
> bit later with new tools and options like semantic web, lucene and
> jackrabbit, maybe others... Don't know just guessing...

If you are talking about the File Portlets, I don't like them. There
has been sandbox activity lately in  supporting JCR content
applications, but at the portlet application level, not the portal

see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/applications/sandbox/content/trunk