From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Questions about the page manager
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:45:37 GMT
Hi David and Woonsan,

I've done my way to implementing the jackrabbit page manager. This will
provide:

        Unified page managing.
        Services as WebDAV for page manager.
        Version control.
        Repository connections (This will open doors to multisite
        manager).
        Bring unified metadata handling via jackrabbit metadata utils.
        Separate page manager logic from application.
        etc.

But I have some questions I don't really know if they are related to the
work I'm doing right now.

1.- When doing tests I see that Castor page manager tries to transform
source testdata when copying to target directory. Why this is done?
Because it results into the same file...

2.- Bean manager... I'm getting crazy about how pageManager is plugged
into the Jetspeed portal. Maybe because I'm also not a Spring expert.

[ File assembly/page-manager.xml ]

I see two BeanReferenceFactoryBean:
xmlPageManager and dbPageManager

That's right... The portalSite Bean has one argument to the index 0 arg
of the constructor:
<constructor-arg index="0">
      <ref bean="org.apache.jetspeed.page.PageManager" />
</constructor-arg>

How does it knows to select if xmlPageManager or dbPageManager must be
plugged in. Does it has something to do with meta key?

I'm really lost. I debugged jetspeed and saw that for me
xmlPageManager(Castor one) is plugged in... But why? I don't find any
reference to it?

I have to say that got a little bit lost with the bean names being fully
qualified ones. org.apache.jetspeed.portalsite.PortalSite pointed to an
Interface that got me confused until I realized that was only a name and
that real bean (impl one) got plugged instead...

Thank you!

  Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
  Consultor CRM - Ingeniero en
Informática