From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: About content management
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:30:08 GMT

El jue, 10-06-2010 a las 12:23 -0700, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> > Don't think we talk about the same thing. I'm talking about the portlets
> > that create pages inside the j2-admin project.
>
> Yes, I was confused, sorry.
>
> > that create pages inside the j2-admin project.
> > They work but are not the best in the world by far.
> > I really can't manage the site with this portlets. Also the treeview
> > inside the pagemanager does not work too well.
>
> Yes, the UI isn't perfect in the Site Manager administrative portlet.
> With the Jetui interface, you can quickly create pages and folders
> from the Page Navigator. Have you tried that?

Yes but it keeps constantly missworking. I found several problems with
that:

        1.- Pages are created but really never shows ups.
        2.- It creates pages empty. Maybe it can't find a template to
        create new pages?
        3.- Cannot create subfolders.
        4.- When navigating, engine sometimes left pages with empty
        content behind were a full page used to exist.
        5.- It make the whole system unstable as sometimes it founds the
        pages and sometimes it fails to load them.

I really don't use the UI to manage site content I just do that by hand.
I'm also afraid someone than me will do that because it will surely
broke.

But it's not a complain, believe me, but current status is not
enterprise quality. While the rest of the system is it or can be.

That's why I say to not develop much that part and concentrate on the
others. Maybe we can add this at later time.