From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: About content management
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:54:05 GMT

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
> <gaguilar@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >

> > Since I work with the jetspeed portal I've seen a lot of progress out
> > there.
> >
> > I realized that it has it's own content management applications inside
> > the jetspeed admin tools. Though they are not good enough to be used in
> > the day to day work. I use to create and remove pages by hand.
> >
> > I question myself if the CMS part is needed in this project.
> >
> > I know OneHippo has it's own implementation based on jackrabbit (I
> > think). But I suppose that doing this in jetspeed will be a lot of work.
> > So...
> >
> > What do you think about dropping this part and focus efforts in
> > enhancing what's working right now. Maybe it can be regained a little
> > bit later with new tools and options like semantic web, lucene and
> > jackrabbit, maybe others... Don't know just guessing...
> >

> If you are talking about the File Portlets, I don't like them. There
> has been sandbox activity lately in  supporting JCR content
> applications, but at the portlet application level, not the portal

Don't think we talk about the same thing. I'm talking about the portlets
that create pages inside the j2-admin project.

They work but are not the best in the world by far.

I really can't manage the site with this portlets. Also the treeview
inside the pagemanager does not work too well.

That's why it can be best drop them and create a good tutorial on how to
do this management by hand until better solution is found.

Or at least not to put much effort on them.

Don't you think?

Tnx