From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: Possible problem with session management
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:25:18 GMT
Hi Woonsan,

Any of my portlets use cookies. The only "strange" think that is used is
a shared render parameter. Maybe this parameter can
go with time?

This could cause the problem. But is strange as the user is using the
portal and what it receives is the login page...

Thank you anyway for your two cents.

El jue, 11-03-2010 a las 10:19 -0800, Woonsan Ko escribió:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> I haven't experienced that kind of problem here recently with the current trunk.
> IMHO, the problem could be caused by some customized codes or some (portlet) application(s),
not by the portal itself.
> So, I'd like to suggest you inspect the request/response cookie headers carefully. I
know it's hard to reproduce and tedious to look into headers.
> However, sometimes the cookies could be corrupted for some reasons and so the existing
JSESSIONID could be gone.
> Just for an example, if a page adds too many cookie items, then the browser could remove
the existing ones. Anyway, there could be different reasons like this.
> So, I think you can record how the cookie headers are passed between request and response,
when the JSESSIONID cookie is missing in the request cookie header, and when the response
sends new JSESSIONID cookie value.