From Rick Mortensen <rlm1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BIRT and portal
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:28:20 GMT

We have created a complete dashboard solution that is based on jetspeed - see http://www.marvelit.com

On Nov 23, 2009, at 3:01 AM, Ate Douma wrote:

> Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
>> Hi Ate,
>> What about BIRT reporting portlet?
>> Do you think we can colaborate to bring this to Jetspeed?
>
> Well, sure :)
>
> As I mentioned before, we have a request to provide a BIRT reporting *service* with Jetspeed
so to bring standard reporting capabilities accessible from portlets.
> Our goal is to provide both report definition and maintenance features, e.g. through
dedicated admin portlets and a report (configuration) repository, as well as allowing portlets
to "serve" such reports.
> Primary (first) target for such reports would be the Jetspeed own configuration, e.g.
like the security data, but as a generic BIRT reporting service and configuration repository
it should be extendable and usable for any (business) application reporting integration.
> Our preference would be to provide this as a "standard" portal and portlets solution,
e.g. even usable for other portals, by hosting this as a "standards" compliant solution at
Apache Portals Application, http://portals.apache.org/applications/, but of course it should
work in Jetspeed-2 first and foremost, so this is not yet a strict requirement.

> If you want to help out and collaborate on this or even just provide some valuable input,
that would be much appreciated.