From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: JSON + Ajax + toolbox
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:19:15 GMT

dtaylor@onehippo.com  www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 185 H Street, Suite B Petaluma CA 94952
+1 (707) 773-4646

On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question. I loaded portlet information from ajax to do the
> solution I'm on charge of.
>
> Where can I get schema from the ajax response Get Portlets...
>
> To use it here:
>

>                var dataIn = Y.DataType.XML.parse(data),
>    		schema = {  resultListLocator: "status", resultFields:
> [{key:"status"}] },
>    		dataOut = Y.DataSchema.XML.apply(schema, dataIn);
>

> I need to add portlets array and portletInfo definition.
>
> Should we put object schemas in a place accesible to everyone? Should
> they be shared objects?

there are currently no xsds for these apis, but feel free to
contribute one if you think they are required. I think its easier to
work with json data though from javascript

> Should we have a shared library for this pojos?
>
> Thank you.

Also , for retrieving portlets, here is an example script you can use:

     	var uri = document.location.href;
     	uri = uri.replace("/ui", "/ajaxapi");
     	var uri = uri + "?action=getportlets";
         Y.on('io:complete', onGetPortletsComplete, this, [windowId]);

I hope to commit error handling code (parsing the response and
checking the response code) this morning