From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Custom Login Module and public credentials.
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:25:50 GMT
Mark62 wrote:
> I have created a custom JAAS login module and I am setting public credential
> on the subject. When I try to access the subject in other places in JetSpeed
> 2.1.3 the credentials are not there.  How can I get my credentials from the
> login module to the rest of Jetspeed?
> Thanks
> Mark

For Jetspeed 2.1.3, Jetspeed creates its own Subject in the SecurityValveImpl *after* the
user has been authenticated by the container.
If you're stuck on Jetspeed 2.1.3, this means you'll have to add the credentials *again* yourself
in a custom/extended SecurityValveImpl.
For Jetspeed 2.2, we now actually reuse the Subject as created by our DefaultLoginModule which
works at least on Tomcat, other web
containers haven't been tested against but probably should work out-of-the-box too. It does
require you to have wrapped the created user
Principal (request.getUserPrincipal()) to implement our UserSubjectPrincipal interface.
For further information, see: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-238

Regards,

Ate