From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: JSON + Ajax + toolbox
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:07:18 GMT
On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question. I loaded portlet information from ajax to do the
> solution I'm on charge of.
>
> Where can I get schema from the ajax response Get Portlets...
>
> To use it here:
>

>                var dataIn = Y.DataType.XML.parse(data),
>    		schema = {  resultListLocator: "status", resultFields:
> [{key:"status"}] },
>    		dataOut = Y.DataSchema.XML.apply(schema, dataIn);
>

> I need to add portlets array and portletInfo definition.
>
> Should we put object schemas in a place accesible to everyone? Should
> they be shared objects?
> Should we have a shared library for this pojos?

Try this from your browser:

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ajaxapi?action=getportlets
Take a look at GetPortletsAction.java. There is request parameter
"format" which can be either "json" or "xml". Not all of the actions
support json. I would like to support json in all actions with the
next release. The getportlets action for instance, only supports xml.
See getportlets.vm for details. See getthemes.vm for a json example.
If you dont want to work on the server side apis, let me know. I could
quickly write the json vm script for you.....