From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with preferences when upgrading Java with Jetspeed 2.0
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 23:02:07 GMT

On Nov 6, 2009, at 12:21 PM, bhardage wrote:

> David Sean Taylor-3 wrote:
>>
>> I have seen this problem when preferences are stored to the default
>> preferences provider (on Windows, that would be the Windows Registry
>> for example) instead of storing to the Jetspeed Database Preferences
>> store. You might want to for your preferences there first, and try to
>> figure out what could be causing the Java Preferences API to override
>> Jetspeed's preferences provider
>>

> I am fairly unfamiliar with the underlying structure of Jetspeed. I
> wonder
> if you could give some advice as to how to find this information;
> I'm 98%
> sure I'm not using the Windows Registry, although this is a
> designed-for-Windows app, but I'm really not sure where to start
> looking for
> the cause of this problem.

Can you query the database to see if the preferences are stored there?
They will be under the PORTLET_PREFERENCE and PORTLET_PREFERENCE_VALUE
tables in 2.2.
In version 2.0, look under the PREFS_NODE and PREFS_PROPERTY_VALUE
tables. Seems you might be using version 2.0 according to this email
subject...

Look in the Windows Registry (regedit). I don't run Windows, but I
believe you can go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Javasoft/Prefs/

and then under there you can find the system and user trees. Look for
entries likes:

/portlet_application/demo/portlets/BookmarkPortletForXHTMLBasic/
preferences/Apache Home/size

/user/devmgr/userinfo