From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: BIRT and portal
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:28:27 GMT
Hi Rick,

It looks good but it's not open source ┬┐Does it?

And you have to set the width and height by hand it's not autoresizable
but comments about how to implement it well
are welcome...

El lun, 23-11-2009 a las 23:28 -0800, Rick Mortensen escribi├│:

> We have created a complete dashboard solution that is based on jetspeed - see http://www.marvelit.com
>
> On Nov 23, 2009, at 3:01 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
>
> > Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
> >> Hi Ate,
> >> What about BIRT reporting portlet?
> >> Do you think we can colaborate to bring this to Jetspeed?
> >
> > Well, sure :)
> >
> > As I mentioned before, we have a request to provide a BIRT reporting *service* with
Jetspeed so to bring standard reporting capabilities accessible from portlets.
> > Our goal is to provide both report definition and maintenance features, e.g. through
dedicated admin portlets and a report (configuration) repository, as well as allowing portlets
to "serve" such reports.
> > Primary (first) target for such reports would be the Jetspeed own configuration,
e.g. like the security data, but as a generic BIRT reporting service and configuration repository
it should be extendable and usable for any (business) application reporting integration.
> > Our preference would be to provide this as a "standard" portal and portlets solution,
e.g. even usable for other portals, by hosting this as a "standards" compliant solution at
Apache Portals Application, http://portals.apache.org/applications/, but of course it should
work in Jetspeed-2 first and foremost, so this is not yet a strict requirement.

> > If you want to help out and collaborate on this or even just provide some valuable
input, that would be much appreciated.