From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Eclipse build problem
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:14:27 GMT
I've done several test with eclipse and found that if you imports the
maven project
to eclipse all the config got messed but no changes done to the
configuration files.

It's quite strange. I performed a svn diff and nothing is shown.

But mvn install got .war created with the web.xml broken and possibly
other problems.

That's what I did, maybe others can try:

        1.- Import the svn trunk of jetspeed-2, j2-admin and
        apa-webcontent.
        2.-Import them to eclipse.
        3.-Set the .classpath file from etc/editors
        4.-$ mvn install -P init
        5.-$ mvn install

my .m2 repository shows the war as it was built correctly but web.xml is
almost empty.

Same thing done skipping step 2 and everything worked well!

Where can be the problem?

I used successfully eclipse for a long time with maven and never
reached this problem. I found that creating a server and letting eclipse
deploy the projects
is a great way to develop and debug. Other way to do it is as is shown
in apache documentation
but build times are greater (as it does clean everytime) and everything
comes less handy...

Thank you.