From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Re: UI status
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:31:23 GMT
Hi

> On Nov 13, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just want to know the status of UI.
>
> Its really coming along - i hope to contribute a few more features by
> next week
> Randy is working on the backend support for new ui, new psml features:
> templates, references, instances...

I took a look to jetui.jsp and portal.js. Correct me if wrong. Layouts
are based on this file.
I mean, The layout it's build on colums by this code
----
     class="portal-layout-column" column='<%=index%>'
     style="float:<%=columnFloat%>; min-height: 100px; width:<%
=columnWidth%>;">

<%
            int subindex = 0;
            for (Fragment fragment : collections)
            {
                if
(!(fragment.getName().equals("j2-admin::JetspeedToolbox") ||
fragment.getName().equals("j2-admin::JetspeedNavigator")))
                {
                    //String content =
jetui.renderPortletWindow(fragment.getId(), fragment.getName(), rc);
                    String content =
jetui.getRenderedContent((ContentFragment)fragment, rc);
                    request.setAttribute("content",
content);
                    String decorator = fragment.getDecorator();
            		if (decorator == null)
            		    decorator = pageDec;
                    request.setAttribute("decorator",
decorator);
                    request.setAttribute("fragment", fragment);
                    request.setAttribute("coordinate",
columnLayout.getCoordinate(fragment));
%>
<jsp:include page="jetui-portlet.jsp"/>
<%
                    subindex++;
                }
            }
%>
-----
So everything is rendered and composed in server and after javascript is
applied to let portlets
move. Right?

> > I thought that it was built on Dojo but seems that something changed.
>
> The /desktop was written a while back on an older version, its gone a
> bit stale.
> Trying out yui this time around, same concepts though including
> eventual client side rendering

Is there any problem with Dojo? Do it has any inconvenience?
I love the "pixel perfect" approach... :D

I will give a try to yui also, but it's there any possibility to
implement the Dojo backend? (I can work on it).
I will work partial-time on this and developing our own portlets and
upgrading jetspeed. So I will use
a lot of time helping you. I hope.

> > Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> UM.... just start using it localhost:8080/jetspeed/ui
>
> Take a look at jetui.jsp for starters

Lovely! Great work. Still some problems with window management but we
will fix them.

> > The portlet toolbox looks great, can I help to fix it or upgrade it?
>
> Woonsan is working on the toolbox and has some outstanding commits. We
> hope to have it 100% Ajax by next set of commits.
> You are welcome to work on any part of course, best to talk to Woonsan
> if you want to help him on the toolbox....

Ok. I will walk around a little bit and then try to help on this also. I
think the toolbox is a
very important piece of software inside the portal. The old portlet
selector just worked but
this looks much better.

Thank you all!