From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with preferences when upgrading Java with Jetspeed 2.0
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:08:18 GMT

On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:12 AM, bhardage wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to upgrade a web application I'm working on from Java
> 1.5.0_06 to Java 1.6.0_16 and I've run into a problem concerning
> Jetspeed.
>
> Basically, I set some preferences for a certain portlet in my
> portlet.xml
> file which loaded correctly before the Java upgrade, but now only
> load part
> of the time.
>
> They're actually loaded correctly the first time my server is
> started (I'm
> using Tomcat), but after stopping and restarting the server, they're
> never
> loaded again.

I have seen this problem when preferences are stored to the default
preferences provider (on Windows, that would be the Windows Registry
for example) instead of storing to the Jetspeed Database Preferences
store. You might want to for your preferences there first, and try to
figure out what could be causing the Java Preferences API to override
Jetspeed's preferences provider