From Brad Gardner <bgardne...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible portal site manager bug
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:18:08 GMT
I'm working with Jetspeed 2 using a custom portal built using the maven
tutorial on the jetspeed 2 site.  Everything seems to be functioning
perfectly until I start creating pages for roles.  After creating a role
page, navigating to it from a user that gets the page results in a blank
page with the text "Failed to create rendering job".  No errors in the log
files are reported, but I was able to find the problem by looking at the
PSML file that is generated.  In the generated PSML, I found this line:

<fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout" ></fragment>

I noticed that this did not name a layout to use, so I changed it to read:

<fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumns"></fragment>

and the page works.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  I'm trying to do a bit more research
before reporting it as a bug, because it could be something I've done.
Right now, I have the same symptoms on a deployed portal on our win2k3
server, and a seperate portal build on my local system.

*Brad Gardner*
Mailto: bgardner87@gmail.com