From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Links and JetSpeed SSO
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:56:47 GMT

On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:12 PM, chocba wrote:

> I've used the SSO webcontent portlet, in jetspeed 2.2, which was
> able to
> login and render nytimes.com page in portlet. Instead, I would like
> to have
> a link in my own portlet, say "http;//www.nytimes.com". If user
> click the
> link, a new window has to open, automatically logged in to
> nytimes.com,
> using the credential from jetspeed sso store. I've setup the url and
> credentials using SSO Site Browser portlet. Can anyone please let me
> know
> how to achieve this or what api need to be used? Thanks in advance.

We don't currently have support for this feature, but I think there
are several solutions that will require some coding that come to mind:

1. adding new functionality to Jetspeed links to support proxying the
content through the Jetspeed server (much like how we proxy content
with IFrames and Web Content portlets in the trunk today)
2. instead of using links, using existing SSO IFrames, to navigate to
the content. Implement a new feature to then "detach" the iframed
window via a new action on the portlet decorator
3. a completely new feature: using hidden iframes to login users (will
require https ) transparently upon clicking on a link

Related to #2, we are looking into a new desktop maximize mode that
would effectively give a window 'full maximization' meaning that it
will take up the entire browser window, including removing headers.
this is still under development though

Suggest that you create a JIRA issue if you would like to see this new
feature