From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@TDIinc.com>
Subject RE: jetspeed tutorial error during build
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:29:53 GMT
Here is an update to this thread just in case someone else is having the same problem I had.
My environment to build the tutorial is:
Eclipse 3.4.2
M2eclipse plug-in 0.9.8
Maven 2.0.10
Tomcat 6.0.20

When I ran mvn target=all in eclipse, the console showed the build was successful and there
were no errors. However, this message was repeated in the console and jetexpress never started:
INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: starting initialization of Portlet
> Application at: jetexpress-pa
> Sep 3, 2009 11:22:20 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
> log
> INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: Could not yet start portlet
> application at: jetexpress-pa. Starting back ground thread to start
> when the portal comes online.

When a browser was opened to http://localhost:8080/jetexpress/portal, it returned 404.

After trying many things and help from Randy Watler at Hippo, I found there were two versions
of m2eclipse plug-in installed. I uninstalled everything except Maven Integration for Eclipse
(required). I also attempted to uninstalled Maven Embedder but that is still installed - not
sure why. Once there was only one version of the maven plug-in installed, the build ran successfully
and jetexpress was deployed correctly to tomcat.

Hope this helps someone else because tracking this down took way too long.
Sandi