From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@TDIinc.com>
Subject RE: jetspeed tutorial error during build
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 19:38:28 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions. I have moved tomcat, eclipse workspace and maven outside of the
program files directory and they are located on c:\. I have also run with maven 2.0.10.

I have resolved many issues and this was showing the log:
Sep 3, 2009 8:42:43 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'source'
to 'org.eclipse.jst.jee.server:jetexpress' did not find a matching property

Along with this:
INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: starting initialization of Portlet Application at: jetexpress-pa
Sep 3, 2009 11:22:20 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: Could not yet start portlet application at: jetexpress-pa.
Starting back ground thread to start when the portal comes online.

I read the SetPropertiesRule warning above may be fixed by running on Tomcat 6.0.14. After
trying this, the warning went away but the INFO messages still appear and the portal is not
started. There are no additional error or warning messages in the log files.

I'm wondering if I've missed a necessary step. The database I'm using is MS SqlServer and
the database is already seeded (the same database works running against the Jetspeed demo).
When
mvn jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=all
is run, there is always an error in the database step and the script quits running.
mvn jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=install runs successfully.
I then run
mvn jetspeed:mvn -Ddeploy-pa and deploy-portal

1. How can the create-schema.sql and drop-schema.sql scripts be replaced so target=all will
run without error?
2. How do I run all the steps in target=all except seeding the database?
3. Any other ideas on what is causing custom portal to not be deployed properly?

I don't know what else to try since there are no helpful messages in the log files.

Thanks!
Sandi