From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed Questions regarding WebSphere
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:35:02 GMT

On Jul 28, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Lance Zhang wrote:

> thank you David for the answers,
>
> I found out that the VersionedPortletApplicationManager is only
> available in 2.2 not in the 2.1.3. Then i have tried the 2.2 on
> WebSphere 6.1.0.25. I followed the "EAR deployment" section and
> still got the class incompatible error. The problem is the class in
> the WebSphere container are loaded as the EXT class loader, which is
> at the top. All the classes we put in the EAR, including the portlet
> api are lower in the hierarchy. In order to load the EAR class
> first,  i will then have to reverse the order of the class loader.
> That could be undesired. Maybe you can help to point me out if i did
> wrong. And will the VersionedPortletApplicationManager work in the
> 2.1.3?

You can get the VersionedPortletApplicationManager in the post release
branch of 2.1.3 (2.1.4 trunk):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/portal/branches/JETSPEED-2.1.3-POSTRELEASE

Since this is not a final release, you will need to build it

Regarding class loader, make sure to put the class loader as
documented on the Websphere deploy guide:

On General Properties, set Class loader order to Classes loaded with
parent class loader last:

beware the screen shot is not correct

> Another question is that we have the requirements for the user to
> customerize the layout their desktop using drag and drop, i am
> trying to see if the web 2.0 based desktop customizer can fit, is
> there any document on this topic? And i assume that once the user
> changes his layout, it will be a new psml for him, am i correct?

There is some end-user documentation here on the Desktop:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/usersguide/desktop.html

A new PSML page is not always created per user. You can configure your
system with either shared pages or unique home pages per user. The
base Jetspeed demo has a combination actually. It would be a resource
saving feature to only create new pages on customization.