From Evangelos Vlachogiannis <evl...@aegean.gr>
Subject CAS authentication / authorization
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:47:57 GMT
Hi list,

I would like to ask if anybody has integrated CAS (Central
Authentication Service - http://www.jasig.org/cas) with Jetspeed-2.

Here is my problem situation:

CAS sits"in front" of an LDAP server of my university that I do not have
"write" permissions. The meta I use from ldap is the credentials and
some information of users' role in university (like student, instructor
e.t.c.). What I need to do is to login in jetspeed portal from jetspeed
login form and through CAS to validate authentication for all services
under jetspeed. However, as I cannot store anything in ldap I need
somehow to initialize an existing user stored in ldap in jetspeed
database. An idea is to do that on first login by introducing some
mapping rules (any help how to do that?). Another problem which I cannot
overcome using CAS java clients filters is how to allow public access,
as the filter will always asks for authentication under /portal/.

Any ideas, help more than welcome,
thnx,
Vangelis