From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: CAS authentication / authorization
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:57:31 GMT

On Jul 22, 2009, at 8:55 AM, Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:

> I would like to ask if Portaladministation.registeruser created also
> userfolder and create appropriate permissions so that the user can
> personalize its pages (Add portlets e.t.c.)
>
> thnx in advance,
> Vangelis

Hi Vangelis,

The registerUser API can create user folders and set appropriate
permissions. Its a configurable option. See the javadocs:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/apidocs/org/apache/jetspeed/administration/PortalAdministration.html

Parameters:
     userName - Unique user principal identifier
     password - Password for this user
     roles - A list of roles to assign to this user
     groups - A list of groups to assign to this user
     userInfo - Portlet API User Information Attributes name value
pairs (PLT.D)
     rules - A map of name value pairs of profiling rules. Well known
rules names are 'page' and 'menu'
     folderTemplate - The full PSML path name of a folder to be deep
copied as the new user's set of folders, pages, links
     subsite - The subsite folder to place the new user in

The parameter you are looking for is folderTemplate, it can be null
and a user folder will not be created, or a path to a template folder
as described above