From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Apache Portals portlet-spec dependencies in APA, Pluto and Jetspeed-2 about to be updated
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 23:48:48 GMT
Hi team, dear community,

For those who have been following the recent changes on APA, Pluto and Jetspeed-2 trunks with
regards to the portlet-api (2.0) dependencies,
you will have noticed we're in the process of replacing the JCP provided portlet-api artifacts
with our own Apache Portals based open source
implementations of these specs (both portlet-api 1.0 and 2.0).

The current APA, Pluto and Jetspeed-2 trunks have been updated to use the current portals/portlet-spec/portlet-api_2.0_spec
trunk which has
version 1.0-SNAPSHOT, which in turn uses the current portals/portals-pom trunk with version
1.2-SNAPSHOT.

As the portlet-spec jars haven't been released yet, nor this latest portals-pom, to be able
to build either APA, Pluto or Jetspeed-2 from
trunk, you'll have to checkout and build/install the portlet-api_2.0_spec trunk yourself first.

But, I'm about to start the release process for portals-pom-1.2 and the portlet-spec projects
1.0 versions.
While doing that, their trunk version will get updated and a new version tag will be created
for version 1.2 and 1.0 respectively.
And, thereafter, the trunk versions will be bumped to 1.3-SNAPSHOT and 1.1-SNAPSHOT respectively.

This means, the current APA, Pluto and Jetspeed-2 trunks used dependency for portlet-api_2.0_spec
will *not* be buildable locally anymore.
Anyone planning to start building either of these projects from scratch should hold off for
a short while.

As soon as I finished the initial release steps, I'll update the APA, Pluto and Jetspeed-2
trunks to use the newly created tagged versions,
e.g. portals-pom-1.2 and portlet-api_2.0_spec-1.0.jar.
After that, anyone wanting to build from scratch then will have to checkout and build/install
these tagged versions locally, until after the
release voting period (3 working days minimum) and these artifacts hopefully will get distributed
to the Central Maven repository.

I'll send a follow up email to the -dev@ lists after I finished the initial steps as described
above.

With kind regards,