From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Adding Required Spring Categories Metadata for Filtering
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:50:41 GMT
Randy Watler wrote:
> David/Ate,
>
> Am going to implement David's suggestion and and recognize a CSV list as
> a special case, (i.e. 'X,Y,Z' -> 'X or Y or Z'), to maintain a limited
> backwards compatibility support. Let me know if we can simply drop the
> CSV case and I will in the name of simplicity.

+1 to both David's suggestion and *no* backwards compatibility for the current CSV list usage.
We currently have one internal project build against the trunk but we can easily update that
ourselves, and a few other client projects
working against a branch so they are not (immediately) harmed by that either.

Good timing by the way: I was just planning to write documentation about the new Spring configuration
solution ;)
I better wait a little longer until this enhancement is implemented too!

Real pitty the Springsource guys themselves never thought of or planned adding some kind of
jstl or other expression language support to
their assembly ...

Ate