From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Security DefaultLoginModule.commitSubject() should use Transient Role?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:49:44 GMT
Ate/David,

Just a bookmark email on this question from IRC:

In DefaultLoginModule.commitSubject() we hack up a persistent RoleImpl
to insert into the Subject to indicate the fact that the authenticated
users are portal users. Would this be better as a TransientRole instead?

I have already modified the DefaultLoginModule/LoginModuleProxy
implementations to be initialized with a RoleManager. From there, I will
be able to invoke newRole() or newTransientRole() as you suggest. This
is needed since I now have more that one type of role implementation:
one for OJB and another for JPA.

Thanks!

Randy