From David Sean Taylor <dtay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: WebContentPortlet error
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:07:42 GMT

dtaylor@onehippo.com  www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, Suite Q Petaluma CA 94952
+1 (877) 41-HIPPO

On Dec 8, 2008, at 8:14 AM, James Winburn wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the response.  The inability to save state in an iframe
> is as
> I feared.  We've come up with a work-around that's kludgy and about as
> non-robust as a web app could be (I think it was even coughing up
> blood
> last night) but it works ...sort of.
>
> It's still looking like the WebContentPortlet is what we will
> ultimately
> be using, but this is proving to be problematic. The amazon URL you
> gave
> me did indeed work, but OUR web app did not.  After logging in, the
> second page is displayed ...after a fashion.  Components come up all
> over the screen with no regard for the size of the portlet.  It also
> seems to freeze up.  Interacting with any of the components does
> nothing.
>
> Granted, we are doing some funky things in this app (at least as funky
> as google).  I would have been surprised if the portlet worked with
> all
> this proprietary craziness.  (Webfacing ...don't ask. It's not
> pretty.)
>
> It's looking like I will need to write a new portlet based on the
> WebContentPortlet that would do the right thing when it comes to our
> web
> app.

There is a rewriter framework based on XML configuration, it might be
worth taking a look at

> But if I still have your attention, please allow me to ask yet another
> question.  I notice that in the "fragment" table there are columns
> that
> seem to define properties (EXT_PROP_NAME_1, EXT_PROP_VALUE_1, etc.)
> How
> can one access these columns in a portlet?

 From a portlet.... its not directly accessible using the Portlet API
The Jetspeed API has an interface Fragment, see
Fragment.getProperties, you'd have to use the Page Manager to retrieve
a page, then navigate down to a fragment