From "James Winburn" <jwinb...@computerguidance.com>
Subject RE: WebContentPortlet error
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:14:56 GMT
David,

Thanks for the response.  The inability to save state in an iframe is as
I feared.  We've come up with a work-around that's kludgy and about as
non-robust as a web app could be (I think it was even coughing up blood
last night) but it works ...sort of.

It's still looking like the WebContentPortlet is what we will ultimately
be using, but this is proving to be problematic. The amazon URL you gave
me did indeed work, but OUR web app did not.  After logging in, the
second page is displayed ...after a fashion.  Components come up all
over the screen with no regard for the size of the portlet.  It also
seems to freeze up.  Interacting with any of the components does
nothing.

Granted, we are doing some funky things in this app (at least as funky
as google).  I would have been surprised if the portlet worked with all
this proprietary craziness.  (Webfacing ...don't ask. It's not pretty.)

It's looking like I will need to write a new portlet based on the
WebContentPortlet that would do the right thing when it comes to our web
app.

But if I still have your attention, please allow me to ask yet another
question.  I notice that in the "fragment" table there are columns that
seem to define properties (EXT_PROP_NAME_1, EXT_PROP_VALUE_1, etc.)  How
can one access these columns in a portlet?

Thanks,
James Winburn
Computer Guidance Corp.
Scottsdale, AZ