From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: WebContentPortlet error
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:58:46 GMT

On Dec 4, 2008, at 1:39 PM, James Winburn wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>

> Since I got no responses about my iFrame problem (it WAS sort of
> vague),

I know of no known solution, so I didn't respond. Once you navigate
off the page with the IFrame, and then come back, you will lose state.
I don't know how to keep that session, its outside of our control AFAIK

> I looked around for another solution. The WebContentPortlet looks like
> it may be what we need to run our main web app as a portlet.
> Problem is
> that the portlet with all the defaults intact doesn't work.  We I
> try to
> run it, I get the following error:
>

> Portlet is Not Available: demo::WebContentPortlet
> Reason: Exception while rewritting HTML page. Error: Exception while
> rewritting HTML page. Error: Exception while rewritting HTML page.
> Error: Exception while rewritting HTML page. Error: Failure
> reading: /,
> response code: 405

Yeah, google.com is now causing a 405, it didn't crash last time I
tested it. Oh well.
Go into edit mode and try this link:

http://www.amazon.com

Then navigate to the Books link. Then click on another menu tab in
Jetspeed, and then come back to this page. You will see that it
remembered the books page, unlike on an IFrame

By chance if you are interested, its bombing out in the
WebContentPortlet in trying to rewrite a relative URL:

rewriter.rewrite(rewriteController.createParserAdaptor("text/html"),
htmlReader, htmlWriter);

I think the rewriter just needs to ignore bad URL links (actually we
are erroneously following down a misunderstood URL path), but it
shouldn't cause it to give up like it does
Let me know if you want to provide a patch otherwise create a JIRA
issue and assign it to me and I'll fix it