From Vivek Kumar <fireveloc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portlet Preferences
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:10:49 GMT
Harsh Kapoor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are developing a web portal over jetspeed.
>
> I am facing a problem while setting portlet preferences.
>
> Description : In our portal we will only have a Admin User and a anonymous User.
>
> So when i edit a portlet to set it preferences using a Admin User login , I dont find
the same preferences while I am browsing the portal as Anonymous User.

> Can anyone suggest how can we achieve this.
>
> Also I tried PAM , to set the preference (From Admin USer Login) but I am facing the
same problem.

Every user has its own preferences. so its correct that admin and
anonymous users will see different preferences
> Another Issue:
>
> Portal Direct Links:
>
> In IBM websphere we generate URL to link to portal pages dynamically.
>
> Similarly we have links to psml files in Jetspeed in which we need to provide a URL to
the page we want to navigate to.

> Is this the only way to simulate Direct Links in Jetspeed ???

Can you explain further on this ?
> Best Regards
> Harsh Kapoor.
>
> ________________________________
> "DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility
forloss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus."

Regards
Vivek Kumar