From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Event on portlet load
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:50:50 GMT

On Apr 2, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Brad Gardner wrote:

> Is there a way to automatically run a script from a portlet when it
> loads on
> the screen?  In a normal JSP page, I use the Javascript call: <body
> onload="autosubmit();"> but in a portlet I'm not sure where I can
> place the
> Javascript call to get it to fire off as the portlet loads since it
> is only
> an html fragment instead of the entire page.

You can put the script "inline" in your portlet and it will execute
whenever the portlet is rendered
Or, if this script is shared across portlets, you can add it to the
Jetspeed-1 layout

In Jetspeed-2, we have support for adding content to the header phase
of rendering, but that is not possible in Jetspeed-1